August 11, 2009

Text Brigade

Today was really hectic - I woke up 10AM ('cause I went to bed 5AM) then went in our shop to meet up with a customer, 2 in the afternoon. After catering to her orders, I went in to fix the scanner at our shop (I can't get the root of my "workaholicness" these past few days). Afterwards, I went to Lotus Mall and asked Ate Monique of TriBand to print several tarpaulins for the shop (and my new product line) then, I went to SM Bacoor to apply for an internet connection at our shop.

And now.. 1AM again. Im still awake, waiting for my mind to juice up for ideas when a sudden snap went in my brain cells... Texting is unlimited, so why not try...

Because I'm inspired with Jiggy Cruz's dedication to encourage everyone to vote, I sent an sms to all my contacts to entise them about registering and voting. Here it goes:

"Hey, I'm encouraging everyone to register for the upcoming elections. Just one way where we can continue the democratic legacy that former President Corazon Aquino left.

Simple lang naman magpa-register eh. Compared to the hardships that President Cory made for the whole nation, di ba?

MAHABA PA ANG REGISTRATION PERIOD. PERO HABANG MAAGA, MAGPA-REGISTER NA."

Hoping that this would work.

Some are asking me, why I'm doing this... First, my dad works at COMELEC. And I was born to his opinions during registration and the election itself. Second, I want everyone especially the youth to exercise their right to vote for the person that they think can make a very big improvement for our country. And lastly, reading Jiggy Cruz's blogs regarding his lola reminds me of my Lola who also passed away a couple of months back. I know the feeling of an apo who wants to continue what their grandparent/s had started, and I'm in that same position like him. :)

I just hope it reaches everyone. :)